Sunday 30 December 2012

2012 round up

2012 has been comfortably my worst year from a running point of view. An achilles problem in march followed by a calf strain in October meant that all running was either absent or difficult. I have felt either injured or in recovery or struggling for most of the year. My mileage of 891 is the lowest by a long way since I started running regularly in 2000.
I have done a few races. I did 1 half in March of 86 something and 2 10Ks the 2nd being a good run of 39.15 on a hilly course.
I dont know whether I have simply been unlucky or if this is a sign of things to come.
I will be more circumspect with training and hope a lower mileage helps ward off injuries.
Optimistically I have great plans for 2013.
I plan to do as much of the club champs as I can and aim to train for 10K for the 1st 4 months of the year. Then I will spend a month mountaineering  and then hopefully spend the summer training for the Dublin marathon at the end of October.
I hope 2013 is better but will inevitably take what comes my way and try and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment