Friday 12 June 2009

Arran adventures

Liz and I have been spending a few days on the lovely island of Arran. Its our 1st time here and what a great week we've had. Almost unbroken sunshine and a really beautiful place to explore.
Tue we decided we should get ourseves up Goat Fell just in case it was the one good day of the week. Its a nice enough hill but a bit of a dull walk. Great views at the top though.
Wed we went for our runs and I did 7m. A bit concerned at some discomfort in my left TA and also some in my left hamstring. Still it makes a change from having all my problems on the right!!
After that we did a 6m walk from Lamlash over the Clauchland hills.
Thursday we did an 8m circuit of the "cock of arran" (no sniggering). It has to be one of he best walks I've ever done in terms of variety and charm. Lochranza was also a delight.
Last night we went over to Brodick for a lovely meal and were taxied back. So today we both ran over the "string" to get the car. That was 11m and about 300m of ascent so we were both pleased. My TA is still sore but not too worrying.
This afternoon we strolled over to see the Machrie stones which are a collection of stone circles and standing stones. Well worth the effort.
So a great week so far and tomorrow will be spent taking it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment