Friday 22 January 2010

Calf injury

2 days ago I ran up the glen artney Rd in the gloom. The plan was to do a 10m circuit and despite the conditions I was looking forward to the run. After 2m I had a brief stop and just after I set off again (uphill) I felt a pain in my left medial calf. Foolishly I carried on thinking I would probably run it off. After about another 3m it had become pretty obvious that it was getting worse so I started walking and trying to thumb a lift. A car did stop quite soon after and gave me a lift down to Comrie which was pretty lucky really.
Mt calf feels tight rather than painful so I am hopeful it isnt serious and that I may be running again in a few days.
Not a bad time of the year to pick up an injury if one has to be picked up and the rest might do me some good.

1 comment:

  1. Hope it nothing serious and you'll be out running again soon.

    John

    ReplyDelete