Monday 2 March 2009

A big week

I managed 71 miles last week which is the furthest I've run for almost 2 years.
On saturday we has our biweekly time trial. I was a little slower at 32.22 but happy enough and most are improving.
Yesterday we has a big training run form Inverarnan to Kingshouse (31m). We had a v excited Kaz who did well in unpleasant conditions.
I ran conservatively with next w/ends 1/2 M in mind and was happy to chat to various people until Ochtertyre when it started raining heavily. The plus of the rain was that it helped wash off the vast amounts of cow dung we had already run thro. I felt it best given the conditions to push on and found myself alone after Tyndrum. That was until a Comrie family spotted me in the sleet.
I started feeling good at B.O.O and pushed on over Rannoch Moor. At the top I ran out of food and had to beg some choc from some kind walkers. After that I cantered dowm into KHouse with Jamie and finished feeling pretty good which was my intention at the beginning.
So V happy with that.
I did 218M in Feb making 410m for the year.
So now its time to taper for next weekend for the Glagow to Edin after that

No comments:

Post a Comment