Saturday 11 April 2009

NIght time run

I planned to set off at 9pm and do 24M. In th event I ran an hour out and back so about 14m.
I felt quite nervous about this for 2 reasons. One Liz is away so if anything went wrong I could be stranded miles from home in the middle of the night. Two I was aware of a hamstring strain.
I found myself feeling pretty miserable the whole way out. Music didnt help and I felt pretty vulnerable.
My ham was achey on and off and for a while my knee joined in. After an hour I decided to turn around and knew instantly I had made the right decision. The run back was OK but when it started to drizzle I just wanted home.
The last 3M or so my ham was quite tight so Im not sure how that is going to work out. I felt tired the whole run and was v glad to get home.
Lessons learnt. If I am going to do this again I need back up.
Either start in the light or finish in the light otherwise its too depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment