Monday 18 April 2011

Newtyle hill race

I popped into Ninewells on the 7th of April for a wee op which was more cosmetic than anything and remarkably straightforward. However I was banned from running for at least a week. Six days post op the 3rd championship race loomed into view and I decided to take a chance. Unlike previous years when this race attracted 20 runners there were 50 this year. 7 Harriers took part and the ladies did really well. I enjoyed the race although the hill was pretty dull, it was very runnable. I felt I did OK but no more which taking everything into account was a good result. I came 13/50 in a time of 34.56 which is pretty meaningless. On the following Saturday we had a great training session with 11 turning up. Again I felt slow but a calf scare had cleared up after resting Friday (sensible or what!) Yesterday we had a club Easter orienteering event in glorious sunshine. I was utterly useless but enjoyed the running. This evening I entered 2 marathons, the Cape Wrath in May and the Mersey in October

No comments:

Post a Comment