Monday 15 July 2013

A new running injury

Turns out it wasn't P.F. after all but something called fat pad atrophy. This happens when the fat pad under your heel thins and feels like you are running on bone, nice! Think it heals eventually but what to  do meantime?
I ended up with 32 munros in May. Some good days, some terrible and some great.
Since then I have been building things back up slowly and for the last 2 weeks have been wearing a hard plastic heel cup on the sore heel. Amazingly it helps. I did 42 miles last week and that included a 13 mile run. I still look like I've been shot in the foot when I get up but I'll take the current situation.
Probably foolishly I have entered the GO33. It only costs £17 and gives me something to aim for. I f it doesn't work out, so what.

No comments:

Post a Comment