Sunday 13 November 2011

Glen Clova Half marathon

Its quite a long drive to this end of season, popular half. Beth, Colin and I arrived at the start in good time and met up with Al, Kaz, Murray, Tony and Fiona.
My expectations were low due to a lack of real training and feeling rotten the night before. However low expectations are no bad thing.
It was a stunning day with clear blue skies and 10deg.
We set off at 12 and I quickly settled into a comfortable rhythm taking the hills as they came and enjoying the views. I was determined to take it easy for the 1st half as  had doubts about how well I would last. In fact I felt pretty good and turned around feeling good. About 8-9miles I became aware that I was dipping and took my gel. I was passed and decided to hang on to him. I soon started feeling better and retook the guy who had passed me. The 10 miles arrived at 65.15. I was able to work hard over the last 3 miles and overtook 1 guy.
I finished feeling fine in 85.20 and 15th which I was delighted about. This bettered my 2006 effort by 90secs.
I would say that this was my most enjoyable race of the year which is what it is all about after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment